After a few months off blogging, I feel rather timid to be posting a recipe again. It's been like eons since my last post so much that I had lost hope of ever coming back onto the blogosphere. But you know what? My repertoire of unposted recipes was getting dusty; I needed to let them see the light (of my screen). Okay, I am still feeling rather shy so I'll keep it short but here's something full-o-taste! Add some punch to the oh-so-decadent chocolate cheesecake with a good dash of sweet Spanish paprika!
Ingredients (for one 10-inch pie dish)
2 cups crushed digestive biscuits (about 20 biscuits, some of the "value" brands are vegan)
2 tablespoons soft brown sugar
4 tablespoons vegan margarine
2 cups chocolate chips
2 tablespoons coconut oil (you can substitute with vegan margarine (that is of rather solid consistency) but not liquid oil. We need this to firm the filling a little better, so an oil that won't harden in the fridge won't help).
1 pack firm silken tofu
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
1/2 cup soft brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon sweet Spanish paprika
More paprika for dusting
Here's the fun part! Just a few steps to decadence.
- Mix crushed biscuits with sugar and margarine.
- Line a pie dish with the mixture by pressing firmly around on the bottom and the sides.
- Melt the chocolate chips and the coconut oil in a double boiler. Mixing both together gently until smooth.
- Add all the rest on the ingredients together with the melted chocolate in a blender. Process until smooth. (I used a hand blender, so I placed everything in a glass jug).
- Pour the mixture onto the crust. Smooth out evenly.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Dust with paprika before serving.
Take a bite. Do you feel the extra oomph!